Sunday, March 23, 2008

Why these regional differences?

I hate the discrimination based on either region or religion. The recent attacks by VHP in Uttar Pradesh and our own Hyderabad politicians quarreling for a separate Telangana is another political gimmick. I seriously don't understand why there is a need for separate Telangana and what difference would it bring us?

These politicians for their own known hidden motives are rubbing these regional differences on the innocent minds of people. Previously people used to fight on religion discrimination. Now it would also add fuel to the region biasing. Seriously if they say ok for a separate Telangana, I doubt within few days people will also start protesting for separate Andhra, Rayalseema. Rather than creating such regional tensions, it would be better if the Government allocates equal amount of money to develop different regions and also equally distribute MP and MLA seats among all the regions within the state. People should not fall prey for this political gimmicks and should stand united in such situations.

From my childhood I grew to respect every region and religion equally. Actually my family also helped me in tuning my mind in such a way not to discriminate people. As my big family is a mixture of people of origin from different regions and religions. (Andhraites, Kerelaite, Tamilians, Malaysian, Muslim). We respect each others culture.

I know I have touched a serious issue. Anyways this is completely my own opinion. And sorry if I had hurt anyones feelings or sentiments through this blog.

---

Sorry and Thank You are the words which I use regularly. But, only when I really mean it.

No comments: