Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Family

Hmm how can I forget to mention about my family.
Ours is a very close knit traditional family. My mom and dad both are my best friends. Yes you are my good friend to annaya. Though we almost disagree on most of the things, I know you are there for me always.

I was pampered a lot with love, care and affection from my childhood by all the members of my family. I am as close to my uncles, aunts (Kavitha atha nd Hazar atha) as I am to my grandparents.

I learnt being talkative, caring, patience, forgiveness, sensitivity to things from my mom. Ofcourse being sensitive at the drop of the hat too. I am definitely my mommy's girl.

When I first came to US for my Masters I made friends with Sindhu, Bala, Jeelan and Jay (Sindhu, Jay nd Jee are my best friends now). Within weeks of our friendship they came to know of all my family, uncles, aunts, cousins names. I used to repeat their names so many times in all my discussions. I am that close to my family.

There were petty quarrels too. But never did it break the strong bond among us. I am very lucky to have been born and brought up in this family.

---

If you really feel good about anything about a person. Tell them that, it would make them happy. But remember that it shouldn't be flattery, it should come straight from your heart. I actually read this in a book "How to win friends" by Dale Carnegie or "Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work" I don't remember. This works out not only in friendship, but also in maintaining positive relations among people.

No comments: