Sunday, November 20, 2016

Why Clinton you are not our Madam President

I followed this 2016 election season as a ritual along with my husband each and every debate. I strongly supported Hillary not only this time but even the first time when she contested alongside Obama.

I have always have good words for this lady. I hope I atleast have an iota of strong determination she has. She went thru many hardships through her entire life. Major being her decision to leave her career aside and marry Bill and support him through his career until he became the President. And the devastating scandalous news of numerous affairs of his husband. No one I bet would have emerged out of this still smiling and putting up a brave face.

Sometimes I feel like I just keep loosing hope on humanity. I wondered how she lost it out to a mean, women bashing, racial discriminating guy. I can't even fathom how anyone could vote for him or what justification they have for that.

Tears rolled down my eyes when I listened to her concession speech. America has lost such a wonderful opportunity to elect such a strong iron lady as their first ever female President.

But I will always have a lot of respect for you no matter what.

No comments: